Employee monitoring is a tactic many managers, human resources departments, and business owners use to track the performance and productivity of their employees and as a means of security. Data gathered with this method can be analyzed to find trends, patterns, and correlations to gain insight into the business process and how to improve it.
Employee monitoring gives companies an overall picture of how work is done in and out of the office. All sorts of data make up this image, including which applications get the most use, the amount of time spent on unproductive tasks, and what time of day each employee is most productive.
You can imagine the applications of this data and how it could dramatically improve your business process. Use it to determine why one sales team is more successful than another. See if you need all of those expensive software licenses. Find out the most productive time of day and assign the most critical tasks to your team then.
- Enables employers to analyze business processes
- Creates a more engaged team
- Saves money on employee retention
- Provides data transparency
- Protects against data loss
- Discover Unrealized Revenue from a Fully Engaged Team
- Cut Expenses
- Improve Customer Service
- Get Better at Micromanaging
- You can be in touch with your employees at any time
- Real-time monitoring
- Your staff become more responsible at work, as they know they are monitored
- You can collaborate interactively